The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Connecting the Website and the Forums
(07-29-2020, 03:36 AM)Everything4404 Wrote:
Quote:extherianToday at 8:11 PM
No way to like an article, comment on it or interact in any way short of signing up for the forum
[8:11 PM]
I imagine folks are used to it, but I think it puts people off joining the discussion when the two sides are so distant from each other
Extherian on the discord raised a good point about the website - there is no real way to comment on articles, or whatever. This then got me to thinking.
Thanks for the suggestion, Everything4404-
so OA has a share (facebook, twitter, baidu, etc) button off to the right in the EG. does this not show up for you? 
but as for changing the interface to something similar to wikipedia's more decentralized comment/editing system, -personally- I don't think we need it.  
i've been editing the OA articles for a few years and I think our more centralized way of editing (posting changes on the forum, getting comments, then changing the article) works better, given the resources we have currently. Unless the number of editors and pace of commenting on articles were to radically, sustainably, change, I don't see that wikipedia-style commenting system as being helpful. 
As for making the forums more discoverable- 
the OA discord welcome has a link to the forum, the OA home page has a link and the redesign will make the forum more prominent, and the EG has a link under 'home' to the discussion groups. Has anyone else had trouble finding the forums ?
(probably better to ask the discord, rather than say this on the forums Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting the Website and the Forums - by Worldtree - 07-29-2020, 04:02 AM