The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Connecting the Website and the Forums
(07-31-2020, 01:57 AM)Everything4404 Wrote: yea Drashner you make a good point in saying that people suggest something and never do it themselves that i am a hypocrite but nonetheless I understand now.

and i do believe these suggestions shouldnt be discarded either, maybe having a thread of suggestions would help (not like the suggestion box for the forums/the website) that people can revisit, in case we spot them being active again, et cetera. what do you think about that (unless it was already implemented, in which case feel free to tell me)

The Suggestion Box (Website or Forum) was originally intended to fill this role, but doesn't appear to be working as well as we would like.

Perhaps we could set up a spreadsheet in Google Docs with people having the ability to Comment on it - using that feature to load a suggestion into a comment which an editor can then then add to the spreadsheet itself (and update it as suggested changes are implemented or determined to be unworkable or the like. This would (hopefully) allow people to suggest ideas while also preventing a random person from deleting or messing up things.

We could then use the various spreadsheet features to color code things as pending, in process, done, etc. Probably filter and organize them as well.

We could put a link at the top of one of the sub-forums - perhaps the Suggestion Box sub-forum?

Thoughts?

Todd

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connecting the Website and the Forums - by Drashner1 - 07-31-2020, 03:32 AM