The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

How to contribute/ fiction V/FT
(07-11-2023, 12:45 AM)sandcastles Wrote: For real world articles, I feel like using hyperlinks. I wondered how to put in hyperlinks. Thanks.

It's not clear what you're asking here or how it has relevance to this discussion, which was last posted on a year ago.

What real world articles are you referring to and what hyperlinks and when you say you are wondering how to put in hyperlinks, what do you mean by that? Put in hyperlinks where? In the EG? In the forum? Somewhere else?

Todd
Introverts of the World - Unite! Separately....In our own homes.
I felt averse to making a new thread, and this one seemed close enough.

In either a new thread or an old one, there'd be a paragraph describing some new and interesting article, and instead of the full URL, a brief description would be highlighted and clicking on that would open a new tab which would have the article at that other site. I don't know if it would be different if this were done on the forum.
(07-11-2023, 09:43 AM)sandcastles Wrote: I felt averse to making a new thread, and this one seemed close enough.

In either a new thread or an old one, there'd be a paragraph describing some new and interesting article, and instead of the full URL, a brief description would be highlighted and clicking on that would open a new tab which would have the article at that other site.  I don't know if it would be different if this were done on the forum.

The forum will let you highlight text and then copy/paste the URL from another web page in so that the highlighted text becomes a hyperlink. I think whether it opens in a new tab or replaces the page your on depends on how you have your settings configured for your web browser. The content management system in the EG works more or less the same way, but takes you to the new page instead of opening another tab (at least on my computer).

Todd
Introverts of the World - Unite! Separately....In our own homes.