The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Topic Review and Update
Just a quick update - The latest round of stub articles marked for deletion have been deleted.

Also - out of the approx 1776 stub articles on the list, we've now reviewed approx 645. So still a number left to go, but we've also made substantial progress in our review of this content.

More progress reports forthcoming as things continue to progress.

Thanks!

Todd
Todd,

Excellent work on this!  I hope we're keeping track of numbers at the end so we can say we deleted #, updated #, consolidated #, etc. 

A question on some of our early history sub-topics. The Iron and Atomic ages are sparse and the Bronze Age has no articles at all. Do we think we need to keep these separate or should they all be rolled into the Agricultural and Industrial Ages? Could we just make these articles?
(01-06-2021, 02:38 AM)MacGregor Wrote: Todd,

Excellent work on this!  I hope we're keeping track of numbers at the end so we can say we deleted #, updated #, consolidated #, etc. 

A question on some of our early history sub-topics. The Iron and Atomic ages are sparse and the Bronze Age has no articles at all. Do we think we need to keep these separate or should they all be rolled into the Agricultural and Industrial Ages? Could we just make these articles?

We can use some of the baked in functionality of the tracking sheet to pull numbers on at least some - and possibly all - of those items with a bit of effort.

RE the Iron, Bronze, and Atomic Ages - I would be more than happy to get rid of the first two entirely. But rolling them into the Agricultural Age also works if that is preferred. Folding the Atomic Age into the Industrial Age is also fine with me.

If we need/want to rename any of the Ages that remain after the above, that is also something we can discuss.

Thanks!

Todd
I'm good with getting rid of them. It's probably not worth the effort but if I had to do this from scratch, I would divide the pre-spaceflight era into an Age of Agriculture and Age of Globalization. The Age of Globalization (1400-2100 CE) would cover the seven centuries of planetary exploration, interconnectivity, modern science, industrialization, and the beginning of spaceflight.
(01-09-2021, 04:16 AM)MacGregor Wrote: I'm good with getting rid of them. It's probably not worth the effort but if I had to do this from scratch, I would divide the pre-spaceflight era into an Age of Agriculture and Age of Globalization. The Age of Globalization (1400-2100 CE) would cover the seven centuries of planetary exploration, interconnectivity, modern science, industrialization, and the beginning of spaceflight.

We currently have an Agricultural Age, so that should be easy to retain. The Globalization Age would be a much bigger challenge since we currently use the 'Information Age' terminology all over the EG.

I'll try to grab time to look at the relevant Topics and Articles with an eye to moving/removing/folding into the articles we want to retain. That will take a bit of time, so if anyone has any objections to removing these articles or would like to suggest alternatives, please do so in the near future.

Thanks!

Todd
(01-09-2021, 01:42 PM)Drashner1 Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 04:16 AM)MacGregor Wrote: I'm good with getting rid of them. It's probably not worth the effort but if I had to do this from scratch, I would divide the pre-spaceflight era into an Age of Agriculture and Age of Globalization. The Age of Globalization (1400-2100 CE) would cover the seven centuries of planetary exploration, interconnectivity, modern science, industrialization, and the beginning of spaceflight.

We currently have an Agricultural Age, so that should be easy to retain. The Globalization Age would be a much bigger challenge since we currently use the 'Information Age' terminology all over the EG.

I'll try to grab time to look at the relevant Topics and Articles with an eye to moving/removing/folding into the articles we want to retain. That will take a bit of time, so if anyone has any objections to removing these articles or would like to suggest alternatives, please do so in the near future.

Thanks!

Todd

Forgot about the information age. We would want to keep that.  As I was, Age of Globalization (1400 - 1968 CE). This would make 1 AT the start of the Interplanetary Era and the Information Age.
Space time engineering
https://www.orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45c938fd8d91e
Metric engineering
https://www.orionsarm.com/eg-topic/45bbfb49a5fc7
(Do these two topics need to be merged, btw? I’ll make a new post in the article consolidation thread)
(08-07-2021, 01:53 AM)Dfleymmes1134 Wrote: Space time engineering
Metric engineering
(Do these two topics need to be merged, btw? I’ll make a new post in the article consolidation thread)

Possibly. Let me take a look at those and get back to you on that.

Thanks!

Todd
(08-07-2021, 02:32 AM)Drashner1 Wrote:
(08-07-2021, 01:53 AM)Dfleymmes1134 Wrote: Space time engineering
Metric engineering

Possibly. Let me take a look at those and get back to you on that.

Thanks!

Todd

If it helps 

Space time engineering
The use of metric engineering to manipulate the structure of space and time. Manipulation and fine control of space-time allows the creation of artificial wormholes, reactionless drives, and artificial universes. However almost all forms of space-time engineering can only be successfully performed by minds of a high toposophic level.

Metric engineering
Also known as space-time engineering, metric engineering involves the manipulation of the structure of space-time itself. Only transapient entities such as the so-called AI Gods, are capable of producing and controlling such technologies, but their production forms the basis for much of Terragen civilization. Neither the Known Net nor the Nexus, the very cornerstones of the Sephirotic empires, could exist without the use of metric engineering.

There’s many commonly linked articles, and for most intents and purposes the definitions seem too similar as well, to be separate topics
Yeah, these seem like the same thing to me. Todd, do you remember the backstory on their creation?