The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hello Orions Arm!
Hello all,

I am a long time lurker who came across Orions Arm back during the Yahoo Groups days (around the early 2000s). I still remember reading back when Mr Kazlev was posting regularly. I remember Mr Drashner, Discwuzit, Steve, Darren, and many many others on that mailing list. I stumbled across the project many years ago, when Mike P mentioned picotechnology on some other forum. Having never heard of the term, I looked it up and ran across the Encyclopedia Galactica, which sucked me in. Being new to hard science fiction and seeing the vast history and amazing concepts of the setting, I was hooked. I was especially interested in the Toposophic levels, the high level technologies and novel concepts (ie Void Ships and Black Angels). The mailing list was a treasure trove of ideas and interesting conversations, and I was always looking forward to see the setting being developed. The art was also great and you guys did a good job making the content come to life. I remember some of the Celestia stuff and playing Space Engine recently got me to remember some of that and come here.

It's nice to meet you all!

PS, asides from the forum, what are the most active sites you guys use for discussion? Do you guys still have a Discord and/or Twitter?
Welcome back!
yes the discord is definitely active every day.

OA has Twitter, though it's not very active.

links
https://www.orionsarm.com/xcms.php?r=oa-..._Resources
Welcome back Smile Thanks for the praise, it will be interesting to hear what you think of the changes. OA has come a looooooong way since the early days of the mailing list.
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
Welcome back!

Thanks for the kind words. Smile

Please feel free to ask about anything you have questions about, to join in on any ongoing discussions, and to start new discussions if you wish.

Todd
Welcome!