The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

How Often Do Humans Legitimately Win?
One way for modosophonts (not neccessarily humans) to defeat transapients is by gaining the assistance of other transapients, which have either the same toposophic level as their opponents (or a higher one). This reduces the modosophonts concerned to the level of puppets or pawns in a conflict between two or more higher powers.

All very Homeric in concept; the Iliad is a tale of gods in conflict, who use humans at their chess pieces. This sort of story was quite popular back in the Bronze Age, but nowadays we prefer to allow the humans (and their peers) to have some sort of agency. One way to give modosophonts more agency in an adventure is for them to discover (or be gifted) some clarketech weapons or other devices; if these devices are sufficiently advanced they could defeat some kinds of transapient in a conflict.

I expect that even apparently obedient clarketech weapons would have certain constraints built-in; indeed, I have doubts about the concept of obedient transapientech in general, whether it is a gifted godtech spacecraft or an obedient godtech genie, it will always have some limits on its behaviour that will prevent the user from misusing it. (i.e. Ixnay on the wishing for more wishes. That's all. Three. Uno, dos, tres. No substitutions, exchanges or refunds).

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Often Do Humans Legitimately Win? - by stevebowers - 04-26-2021, 07:39 PM