The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

The Last Pandemic In Human History
True, there's been some bastardry of that sort in a few countries - one of which had enough wealth and power to be relevant. So some chose denial over development. But that certainly didn't stop wealthy and powerful people, both in that country and elsewhere, from wanting and developing vaccines.

After all, even if their own government wasn't interested (and it was - denial only goes so far) they stood to make enormous money on a vaccine in the overseas market. If the government hadn't decided to pay the cost, they'd have sold it, for profit, without any government support beyond certifying it effective, via every health care provider and medical insurer in the country.

But don't worry about nastiness, at least with me; I'm not politically invested in this discussion. This is a wonder to me, a moment in history that may mark a change in kind - not an imperative or a matter of doctrine. Just because of what kind of thing this is, It doesn't matter whether I'm right or wrong, nor whether you believe the same. There's literally no fight to have. It is happening this way or it isn't, and we won't really know which until afterward.

Messages In This Thread
The Last Pandemic In Human History - by Bear - 05-09-2021, 12:04 PM
RE: The Last Pandemic In Human History - by Vitto - 05-10-2021, 12:30 AM
RE: The Last Pandemic In Human History - by Bear - 05-10-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: The Last Pandemic In Human History - by Vitto - 05-10-2021, 04:48 PM
RE: The Last Pandemic In Human History - by Bear - 05-11-2021, 06:51 AM
RE: The Last Pandemic In Human History - by Vitto - 05-11-2021, 07:36 AM
RE: The Last Pandemic In Human History - by Bear - 05-11-2021, 02:50 PM
RE: The Last Pandemic In Human History - by Bear - 05-15-2021, 01:11 AM