The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Hello! Big sci-fi and fantasy enthusiast here
Hello everyone! My name's Hope, I'm a 23-year-old conservation biology student from Australia and I was drawn to the Orion's Arm project because of my own deep passion for speculative fiction. I'd say I read sci-fi and fantasy in equal measure, but I've been leaning more towards sci-fi lately - some of my favourite authors are Ursula Le Guin, Adrian Tchaikovsky, and James S. A. Corey.

I'm admittedly not super informed on a lot of OA content - I've perused, but it's incredibly dense. I like that, honestly. Feels good to have something to sink my teeth into.

I write both sci-fi and fantasy in my own time but I've never contributed to something, especially something so large - I might give it a shot.

Pleased to meet you all Smile
Hi - Welcome to OA!

Please feel free to join in on any ongoing discussion threads or start a new one if you're so inclined. Also, please don't hesitate to ask any questions/raise any concerns that come to mind, whether about the setting itself or the project more broadly.

Hope this helps and once again - Welcome to OA!! Smile

Todd
Welcome! Yes it can take people while of traveling down the OA encyclopedia rabbit hole Smile many hours of reading..

Have you ever read Gideon the ninth by tasmyn muir or a memory called empire by arkady martine? Good space opera
Hello! Welcome!
Semi-professional threads diverter.