The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Artifexian's New Series
Check it out, Artifexian started a brand new worldbuilding series. I'm quite excited, I've been following this guy for a good while and this seems like a great way for us to know him a bit better and establish a world to reference back to. I also like his new intro, it reminds me of the intro used by Aperture Science in Portal 2's marketing material.
So funny when people speculate on the future. Oh we're gonna be visiting other star systems by the 2600's? Buddy the nanoswarm is gonna consume us all in 2534. The swarm is coming. The swarm is coming. The swarm is coming.
(07-09-2022, 05:52 AM)Tux1 Wrote: Check it out, Artifexian started a brand new worldbuilding series. I'm quite excited, I've been following this guy for a good while and this seems like a great way for us to know him a bit better and establish a world to reference back to. I also like his new intro, it reminds me of the intro used by Aperture Science in Portal 2's marketing material.

Hm. Interesting. The name Artifexian kind of rings a bell - I think I've heard it before - but I can't quite place it.

Can you provide more background info on them/their YouTube videos (and whatever else they may have out there), please?

I'm assuming you're proposing adding a link to this video/YouTube channel to our worldbuilding resources page, which is certainly possible, but I'd like to get a bit more information about them and what they're on about before doing that and I've limited time to watch a bunch of their existing videos atm. Tongue

More generally, if other members are familiar with this potential resource, please also feel free to speak up.

Thanks!

Todd
(07-09-2022, 10:19 PM)Drashner1 Wrote: Hm. Interesting. The name Artifexian kind of rings a bell - I think I've heard it before - but I can't quite place it.

Can you provide more background info on them/their YouTube videos (and whatever else they may have out there), please?

I'm assuming you're proposing adding a link to this video/YouTube channel to our worldbuilding resources page, which is certainly possible, but I'd like to get a bit more information about them and what they're on about before doing that and I've limited time to watch a bunch of their existing videos atm. Tongue

More generally, if other members are familiar with this potential resource, please also feel free to speak up.

Thanks!

Todd

Artifexian is basically a Youtube channel dedicated to helping create realistic speculative fiction worlds. They've got videos on astrophysics, geology and conlanging, many of which I'm quite interested in. I think the people here will enjoy it a lot.

Here's one of their videos dedicated to donut shaped planets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J4iIBKJHLA

They've also done a collab with jan Misali, who I have some bad blood with. jan Misali, if you are reading this, please unblock me.
So funny when people speculate on the future. Oh we're gonna be visiting other star systems by the 2600's? Buddy the nanoswarm is gonna consume us all in 2534. The swarm is coming. The swarm is coming. The swarm is coming.