The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

heyyy! <3
Heart 
Heyyy, everyone!  Tongue  I am a trans woman who enjoys reading, writing, music, drawing, videogames, astronomy, and so on. I would love to make new friends, contribute around here, and benefit others. Feel free to talk to me about anything!
P.S I'm usually more active on Discord; My username on discord is the same as here (Unless I change it). 

Thanks for reading, it was nice meeting you!  Blush
<3
Hi There - Welcome to OA Smile

Feel free to join in on any ongoing conversations that grab your interest or to start new ones if you want to discuss something we aren't talking about at the moment.

Also, if you have any questions or concerns about any aspect of the OA setting or the project more generally, please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope this helps, and once again - Welcome to OA!

Todd
Welcome!
Also I can’t find how to edit posts but as you can see my new name is Bella
We have the forum set so that posts have a limited window for editing - 2hrs IIRC.

This is because we prefer to retain development threads for new articles with fresh drafts of an article posted as it is updated rather than just repeatedly updating the initial article draft with new changes. That way we retain a historical record of an article's development.

A side effect however, is that you can't go back into an older post and change it after the window closes. Although, in a pinch, I'm pretty sure an Editor or Admin can. But we will generally advise to just post a new entry to a thread rather than retconning it unless there is a very compelling reason to do otherwise.

Hope this helps,

Todd
(10-22-2022, 03:17 AM)Drashner1 Wrote: We have the forum set so that posts have a limited window for editing - 2hrs IIRC.

This is because we prefer to retain development threads for new articles with fresh drafts of an article posted as it is updated rather than just repeatedly updating the initial article draft with new changes. That way we retain a historical record of an article's development.

A side effect however, is that you can't go back into an older post and change it after the window closes. Although, in a pinch, I'm pretty sure an Editor or Admin can. But we will generally advise to just post a new entry to a thread rather than retconning it unless there is a very compelling reason to do otherwise.

Hope this helps,

Todd

As an Editor I have the permanent ability to edit my own posts no matter how old (and I actually didn't realize/remember until now that others cannot). But I cannot edit anyone else's posts. Perhaps Admins can.