The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Just signed up
(02-09-2014, 02:49 PM)four Wrote: Hi, thought I'd say hello here since the netiquette page recommends an introduction.
16 year old Sci-fi fan, and huge fan of SpaceX. First came to OA through a link from Wikipedia's Terraforming of Venus page, and soon found out that it way by far the most "realistic" scifi I'd seen, and subsequently read most of the Encyclopedia Galactica.
I'm not very creative so don't expect to contribute much, but I'll do what I can.

We do have some long-standing members who have never created a story or article or artwork and have 'merely' assisted in the creation or revision of OA material. That's a vital role too. That said, you may surprise yourself and find you're inspired to be primary author of something. Most people underestimate their creativity. Welcome to the project!
Stephen
All I can really say is...Wow! The level of detail in everything in this whole OA project is STAGGERING!!! I have been hooked since I stumbled across ya'll while in the throes of one of my wikipedia binges... and I cant stop reading! Its awful. Do they make a cure for this? OA Rehab?

Anyways... I digress. I am not a writer or anything, but I do have extensive Photoshop experience (been using it almost daily in a professional graphic design setting since 2000), so after I pry my eyes away from the rich source material you wonderful folks have gotten me hopelessly addicted to, I will get working on some art to submit for your consideration.

~Inferis
(04-06-2014, 02:12 AM)Inferis Wrote: All I can really say is...Wow! The level of detail in everything in this whole OA project is STAGGERING!!! I have been hooked since I stumbled across ya'll while in the throes of one of my wikipedia binges... and I cant stop reading! Its awful. Do they make a cure for this? OA Rehab?

Anyways... I digress. I am not a writer or anything, but I do have extensive Photoshop experience (been using it almost daily in a professional graphic design setting since 2000), so after I pry my eyes away from the rich source material you wonderful folks have gotten me hopelessly addicted to, I will get working on some art to submit for your consideration.

Glad you like what you see so far, and that you're inclined to add to it. Welcome to the forum!
Stephen