The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Just signed up
Alright, I'm here. The place looks nice, but I think it'll take getting used to. I don't frequent forums much these days.

Smile 
(03-26-2013, 06:31 AM)Ares Johnson Wrote: Alright, I'm here. The place looks nice, but I think it'll take getting used to. I don't frequent forums much these days.

I am likewise here. The decor seems a bit drab, and the echoes are distracting, but both should get better as we move in Smile

Radtech497
"I'd much rather see you on my side, than scattered into... atoms." Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe
Agreed it will take a lot of getting used to, but hopefully it will add a lot to the group and the project!

I'd definitely suggest making a habit of using the 'subscribe' functionality for forums that you're interested in, so you can find them quickly from the User CP. The 'view new posts' link at the top should also be very handy.

The look of the forum is more or less inspired by the standard EG pages, but I think there's a lot we can work on there.

What do you mean by 'echoes' Radtech?
(03-26-2013, 03:49 PM)graham228221 Wrote: Agreed it will take a lot of getting used to, but hopefully it will add a lot to the group and the project!

I'd definitely suggest making a habit of using the 'subscribe' functionality for forums that you're interested in, so you can find them quickly from the User CP. The 'view new posts' link at the top should also be very handy.

The look of the forum is more or less inspired by the standard EG pages, but I think there's a lot we can work on there.

What do you mean by 'echoes' Radtech?
Echoes as in the sense of being in a largely unoccupied space Smile

Radtech497
"I'd much rather see you on my side, than scattered into... atoms." Ming the Merciless, Ruler of the Universe
ah i know what you mean Big Grin hopefully it will fill up quickly and feel just like home soon enough!
Hopefully we can finally get away from the horrible yahoo groups and into this proper forum.
Hi, all. Its me, Alexeon. I rarely post on the mailing list as it is, so I'm not surprised if I'm not recognized. I just wanted to make sure I got any updates from the forums since I do follow the conversations once in a while.
This is a signature.
Hello all!

I'm Nathan. You might know me as nathangray73 from the Yahoo! site. I'm using my screen name, AmrlKJaneway, here like I do in other forums, just in case anyone recognizes me.

I wrote the short stories; It's a Long Way, and Formidable Appetite for the Future Tense e-zine, and recently submitted a story called; Secha's Story, although this was to Yahoo!, so I suppose I should re-submit?
I think you might as well post it here too. I'm gradually serialising my story Out of the Darkness here...
(04-02-2013, 04:58 PM)AmrlKJaneway Wrote: Hello all!

I'm Nathan. You might know me as nathangray73 from the Yahoo! site. I'm using my screen name, AmrlKJaneway, here like I do in other forums, just in case anyone recognizes me.

I wrote the short stories; It's a Long Way, and Formidable Appetite for the Future Tense e-zine, and recently submitted a story called; Secha's Story, although this was to Yahoo!, so I suppose I should re-submit?

Secha's story is slated to appear in the next issue of V:FT IIRC. I can check that tonight.

Todd