The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Proof-reading EG
In the writeup on the Macross habitat at:

http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/4b744b04388e0

It mentions "The First Church of Shatnerology, whose initiates had to dilapidate their craniums and wear an artificial covering called a toupee, a direct affront to the GeneTEK corporation which had long offered a genetic patch for baldness."

Amusing as it is to envision people removing rocks from their own heads, I think maybe the intended term might have been "depilate" rather than "delapidate."

Also the names of some Greek letters ("Alpha" and "Gamma" in particular) are used in ways inconsistent with the remainder of the Encyclopedia. These should either be explained as terms in use by the people at that place and time, or rewritten in more standard terminology.
I wonder if we might use something a little more Japanese in origin.
Maybe Arufa, Bēta, Ganma, Deruta.
(06-26-2015, 04:56 PM)Ithuriel Wrote: The Emple-Dokcetics article has an instance of "combe" which should be "combine".

Just checked and I'm guessing this is now fixed.
(07-08-2015, 07:48 PM)Ithuriel Wrote: The Torch Ships article mentions magtron monopoles in the Conversion Initiated Microfusion and Conversion Thermal sections. Magtrons no longer catalyze baryon decay, so mentioned of them here should be replaced with 'monopole' or 'GUT monopole'.

Fixed.
The Clade Mawas article has a = instead of a ' in "Institute for Primate Provolution=s"
(07-15-2015, 04:45 AM)Ithuriel Wrote: The Clade Mawas article has a = instead of a ' in "Institute for Primate Provolution=s"

Thanks! Fixed.
Stephen
Beamrider Network has a broken link to "magnetic/plasma sail".
Fixed. Thanks!
I've added a little more information about the society in Macoss habitat concerning the Arufas, Bētas, and Ganmas.
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/4b744b04388e0
I'm pretty sure the whole article is supposed to be satire, by the way, but the literal minded archivists of Ken Ferjik might not realise that fact.
The Interstellar Singleship article mentions ylem as a shielding material.