The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Proof-reading EG
Ah- non standard characters. Fixed.
I was recently reading through the Dimimimon4 article, and at the start, the reader is told that e committed voluntary deactivation in 4126 a.t, but at the end, they're told that this happened in 5126 a.t. Because all his clades were created during the mid 5th millennium a.t, I'm assuming that the latter is correct. ;p
(08-31-2015, 06:23 AM)Centauri5921 Wrote: I was recently reading through the Dimimimon4 article, and at the start, the reader is told that e committed voluntary deactivation in 4126 a.t, but at the end, they're told that this happened in 5126 a.t. Because all his clades were created during the mid 5th millennium a.t, I'm assuming that the latter is correct. ;p

Fixed. Thanks!
Stephen
(08-31-2015, 02:20 PM)Matterplay1 Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 06:23 AM)Centauri5921 Wrote: I was recently reading through the Dimimimon4 article, and at the start, the reader is told that e committed voluntary deactivation in 4126 a.t, but at the end, they're told that this happened in 5126 a.t. Because all his clades were created during the mid 5th millennium a.t, I'm assuming that the latter is correct. ;p

Fixed. Thanks!

Happy to help. Big Grin One other thing I might mention would be the Steamecha EG page. The tone seems off in a couple of places, and I'm not sure about the cool steam that's mentioned in it - I'm not well-versed with the chemical sciences, but it doesn't seem too scientific. ;p
I've now revamped that page extensively; it dates back to the first years of OA, when some articles were a little looser.
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/478984add2cf2
(09-01-2015, 06:41 AM)stevebowers Wrote: I've now revamped that page extensively; it dates back to the first years of OA, when some articles were a little looser.
http://www.orionsarm.com/eg-article/478984add2cf2

Cool beans. Was gonna suggest a rewrite, but didn't want to be a bother! Tongue
Another thing I noticed:

The alien artefact that was discovered at Epsilon Sculptoris is mentioned in its article as having been discovered in 1465 a.t, but in the Epsilon Sculptoris article, it's mentioned as having been found in 1460 a.t.
And another one (I'm good at this!):

From the Silent Ones article: "theTterragens"

might wanna fix that ;p
(09-12-2015, 10:04 PM)Centauri5921 Wrote: And another one (I'm good at this!):

From the Silent Ones article: "theTterragens"

might wanna fix that ;p

Fixed (along with the previous bit you mentioned). Thanks!
Stephen
Another thing I noticed - the Rak Mesba article identifies the Running Chicken Nebula as IC 2948. However, a quick Google search reveals that the Running Chicken Nebula is, in fact, designated IC 2944.