The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Proof-reading EG
Well, Quizical's article mentions that e appeared in the early 56th century. I would suggest changing it to sometime around the 75th century, as Movarian ascended in 7437.
Actually, I think I'll do it the other way round. Movarian is mentioned in Darren Ryding's story Under The Looking Glass as being born in 5400 AT, so I assume he ascended in 5437. This is compatible with a colonisation date for Jafalgia of around 5200.
Check out the EG page on "Gaian Type" worlds. May wanna fix the text around the image. ;p

(Also, humanity appears to be capitalized. Think this is an error).

On the Lacustric Subtype page, there should be a link to Trees at the bottom, methinks.

On the Hov's'sa article, I'm not sure, but should it not be the Muuh and the Soft Ones instead of the Muuh and the Silent Ones? ;p I'd assumed it'd make more sense, as they've been around for longer. ;p
I've fixed the Gaian Type article and changed out 'humanity' for 'Terragens'.

There is a link to Trees already on the page - not sure if someone else just set that up since this post.

I think we need to discuss the Hov's'sa article since I'm not sure what the intent is re the Silent Ones.

Todd
I think that was an addition which I made. In order to integrate Aaron Hamilton's extinct alien species and their detailed histories into the scenario, it has been necessary to imagine that some stories from the deep past have survived in various forms.

Most of these stories are transmitted via the Muuh, who have a long ( and very slow) history, but these are not the only race who may have preserved records from the preTerragen era. Since the Silent Ones had a long history before contact with the Sephirotics, it is possible that they too have some stories to tell (although Anders' write-up does emphasise their taciturn nature). As Centauri5931 has suggested, the Soft Ones are another quite antiquated race, and the Ultimates might have a few stories to tell, as well. Any other suggestions?
Another thing I might note here - on the Metasoft Version Tree page and the Metasoft Baseline Reserves page, there is no link to the Earthland article like there is with the other reserves (aside from Heimat, which has no article).

EDIT: Also, there's no link to Dilmun on the former of the two pages, too. ;p And should the "e" in NiuEarth really be capitalized there, or is that a mistake? And this is pretty small, but the article says Wurm is 1065 ly from Sol, whilst Wurm's article says it's 1066 ly away. The Metasoft article also says that Dilmun is 2097 ly away, whilst Dilmun's article says it's 2101 ly away.
(10-04-2015, 03:37 AM)Centauri5921 Wrote: Another thing I might note here - on the Metasoft Version Tree page and the Metasoft Baseline Reserves page, there is no link to the Earthland article like there is with the other reserves (aside from Heimat, which has no article).

EDIT: Also, there's no link to Dilmun on the former of the two pages, too. ;p And should the "e" in NiuEarth really be capitalized there, or is that a mistake? And this is pretty small, but the article says Wurm is 1065 ly from Sol, whilst Wurm's article says it's 1066 ly away. The Metasoft article also says that Dilmun is 2097 ly away, whilst Dilmun's article says it's 2101 ly away.

I've fixed the links issues. Earthland and Dilmun are mentioned in the list of associated articles at the bottom of the page but didn't have links for some reason. Possibly because the main article, including their names, was created before the actual articles on the planets were written up or something. Anyway.

I've also fixed the issue with Niuearth to make it match its article in the EG.

I'm going to leave the issues with distances to someone else who knows more about the galactography side of things than I do.

Todd
On the Jafalgia article, the actual distance in lightyears is bolded - not sure why that is. Also, I feel there should probably be a space between the planetary information and the main description.
Also, minor one here - in the picture, Jafalgia can be seen to have three moons, although the image caption is worded in such a way that it implies it just has the one, Freckle. I think this should be elaborated on.

Also saw the Durant Durang article today. Think it could use a bit of a clean-up.
Fixed, thanks!

I'm not sure if Durang is supposed to be a transapient or not. His activities seem to indicate a high level of technological ability, as well as the sort of bizarre characteristics that might indicate a transapient at work; the prefix 'post-' usually indicates transapient status.
Cool stuff, man. Also, I really like the names of Jafalgia's moons. :3