The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

Greetings
Greetings and good tidings to you all,

As a transhumanist in my actual life and a writer by hopeful trade, I always love to see such themes employed in works of fiction.

Sadly, though, in mainstream media, transhumanism is usually seen in a negative light, if it appears at all. I hope to correct this one day and this amazingly crafted universe seems like a great place to start!

A few questions though while I'm here:

-Am I free to post stories and character profiles as of now?

-How do I change my display name? (It's spelled "Accord")
Hi! Welcome to OA!
I've edited your name, by the way.

You may start to post stories and other material straight away; note that submissions are subject to discussion and approval, so we can expect some (possibly quite lively) discussion of your material; but that is the way a collaborative universe works.

The transhuman future need not be negative - when a new species evolves, it does not necessarily mean that the older species will suffer. Not everything that happens in the OA future is peacefully utopian - but for most inhabitants the Terragen Sphere is a very comfortable place to live.
(02-22-2014, 06:14 PM)stevebowers Wrote: Hi! Welcome to OA!
I've edited your name, by the way.

You may start to post stories and other material straight away; note that submissions are subject to discussion and approval, so we can expect some (possibly quite lively) discussion of your material; but that is the way a collaborative universe works.

The transhuman future need not be negative - when a new species evolves, it does not necessarily mean that the older species will suffer. Not everything that happens in the OA future is peacefully utopian - but for most inhabitants the Terragen Sphere is a very comfortable place to live.

Thank you for the edit. That was vexing me greatly.

I understand the nature of a collaborative forum and I'm open to adjustments, as I want to remain respectfully within the canon as I create.

Lastly, I understand transhumanism need not be negative, that's my point. It's often depicted exclusively as such by others. So many other issues of science, and morality are given much more nuance and interpretation.

Thank you for getting back to me. I look forward to contributing to this project.
Hi Welcome to OA!

Steve's already responded to your questions, but I just wanted to say 'hi' and also mention (wearing one of my many hats) that the next issue of Voices: Future Tense, the OA ezine:

http://www.orionsarm.com/page/482

will be coming out in the Spring (probably in May sometime) and we are always looking for new stories and authors. In addition, our Spring issue will be hosting our second annual 'April Fool's' initiative, in which authors may submit non-OA and non-canon stories for the enjoyment of our readers. For more details, please see here:

http://www.orionsarm.com/page/486

If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above, or anything else in OA, please don't hesitate to post em to the forum or contact an Admin directly, or use the Contact Us feature on the website.

Once again, Welcome to OASmile

Todd

Associate Editor - Voices: Future Tense