The Orion's Arm Universe Project Forums

A water computer
I wonder what 10 thousand years would do with this idea; http://news.stanford.edu/news/2015/june/...60815.html
Evidence separates truth from fiction.
I don't fully understand it at the moment but it looks like it could have some pretty neat applications for microfluidics, specifically for lab-on-chip design.
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!
10,000yrs or so? Maybe something like converting the entire hydrosphere or atmosphere of a planet into come kind of computing substrate. Maybe some connection to plasma processor based computing in stars. IIRC all of these mediums are considered fluids under some circumstances.

Todd
Interesting that if a water computer were large enough you could affect the computation by swimming in it.
Couldn't this technology be a part of biogeocomputing that for example GAIA used in order to ascend to S:2?
"Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people." -- Edward Robert Harrison
(06-14-2015, 04:28 PM)stevebowers Wrote: Interesting that if a water computer were large enough you could affect the computation by swimming in it.

I'm not sure if this technology will necessarily scale to that extent.
OA Wish list:
  1. DNI
  2. Internal medical system
  3. A dormbot, because domestic chores suck!