Image from Wyrmshadow
- Wachowski Prime - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Matrioshka brain and original site of the Wachowski civilization.
- Wadai (WD 0230-144) - Text by Steve Bowers
The oldest circumstellar ringworld in the Terragen sphere, orbiting around a white dwarf star in the inner sphere.
- Wallace Dyson Swarm - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Utopia Sphere dyson swarm, containing billions of vast habitats populated by sophont and subsophont/subsapient beings.
- Walloo and the Bellerophon Archipelago - Text by Steve Bowers
Pegasus Prefecture - Solar Dominion. Partially terraformed world abandoned after Version War
- Wasat (Delta Geminorum) - Text by Updated by The Astronomer and Dangerous Safety 2020
Central system of the House Conver Limis.
- Webistics - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Important Communion of Worlds member-system, large stargate plexus outsystem.
- Wega - Text by Jorge Ditchkenberg
A paraterraformed moon in the Inner Sphere, famous Inner Sphere as a centre for independent thought and modosophont autonomy.
- Whirlygig - Text by Mike Miller
Planet with high obliquity in the Inner Sphere.
- Whisper - Text by Todd Drashner
Planet covered in a sophont grassland xenoecology, perhaps of artificial origin.
- Wilson (zone) - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Free Zone and home to diverse clades on the Dominion/MPA border, about 50 LY from Syrtis. Industries: tourism, contraband, bio- and nano-tech templates, mediacorp interests and associated virchtainments.
- Wilson Dyson Swarm - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Utopia Sphere dyson swarm, consists of billions of habitats and biospheres, populated by sophont and subsophont/subsapient beings. A similar nearby dyson is called Wallace.
- World of Forking Paths, The - Text by Mark Ryherd
Gliese 33, supposedly the oldest continually inhabited paygeesu virch in the Terragen Sphere.
- World of Meditating Idols - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Sagrei c - first planet to be discovered with alien ruins (20th century AT).
- Wurm - Text by Steve Bowers
Palaeolithic Metasoft baseline preserve world
- Xanthippe and Kate - Text by Steve Bowers
First worlds discovered with Thiogen lifeforms
- Xdim (GJ 1105) - Text by Anders Sandberg
Inner sphere system surrounding the M4V star HIP 38956.
- Xi Bootis B I - Text by Anders Sandberg
In 6222 a Nimbus colony was set up on Xi Bootis B I, but it persisted only for 400 years before dissipating.
- Xil - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Extensive orbital habitat complex located at the Xi Bootis binary Lagrange points.
- Xiphias I - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Star HIP 87740
World in the Serpens sector inhabited by a decadent and evolutionarily static heteromorph tweak clade, the Old Fogeys, who are served by turingrade vecs. The Old Fogeys are likely left from one of the Inner Sphere systems during the Age of Expansion, but records that might confirm this have been lost.
Text by Orion's Arm Editors
Initially published on 31 December 2007.