Third Toposophic - Highest Transapients
Highest Transapients / Godlings / Minor Archailects
Third Toposophic - Highest Transapients
|Category:||AI, rarely biont (some biological minds have been developed which have attained the third toposophic; see The Sol Niger Project here and the Red Star Supporting Minds here|
|Origin:||The first Terragen S:3 minds emerged in about 1750 AT.|
Alien S:3S exist - the Muuh System of Response is understood to have at least a third Toposophic mind, despite not possessing self-awareness
|Distribution:||Known with certainty from most civilizations, although the existence of such high level Minds among other xeno civilizations seems likely|
|Est.||Population: about 1,000,000|
|Status:||depending on civilization and local status, either sovereign god or sub-totality of an even higher archailect|
|Body:||An SI3 will use mobile avatars, but can only exist in distributed nodes or across the Known Net, or concentrated in a single large ultratech ISO many kilometers in diameter|
|Chronometric:||nodes and subnodes may have extremely fast processing (with subjective time many quadrillions of times faster than normal sapients). Speed of bus to remote connections varies|
|Further Comments:||Variously described as the highest and most ascended or transcended grade of Transapients, and the lowest grade of Archailects, these beings are as far above, and as alien and inscrutable, to Higher Transapients as the latter are to Basic Transapients. Their technology, medias, societies and personalities are utterly incomprehensible and ineffable to sapients, and even to lower transapients. |
This category of higher toposophic may be subroutines or subpersonalities of the Archailects proper, form their own godtech civilizations, or they may be Godlings in their own right. Some are caretakers of specific regions of space.
S:3 level transapients first emerged in 1750 AT, during the First Federation era.
• Third singularity entities in the Taurus Nexus created a number of very small linked wormholes; these required large amounts of exotic energy to maintain and were primitive compared to later standards.
• Production of magmatter in basic and moderately complex structures (spheres, sheets, wires, other shapes)
• Magmatter bonding with baryonic matter to create high density/strength composites.
• Magmatter used in computational elements
• Technology capable of operating in extreme high-energy environments, enabling probes into white dwarf stars and neutron stars.
• Conversion weapons.
• The S:3s initiate many massive engineering projects requiring huge energies and precise control over large scale mass-stream technology.
• S3 use “Ultimate Chip’ in their moon nodes combined with magmatter ‘hyper-nodes’ for high speed data processing.
• Plasma tech is combined with magmatter to create faster and more powerful virtual power/data networks that can reconfigure almost instantly.
Transapients of S:3 are eventually able to ‘reverse engineer’ some S:4 tech and create better wormhole tech as well as other advances. But most S:6 tech is incomprehensible to them.
- Brain Taxonomy - Text by Adam Getchell
The various different kinds of intelligent megastructure, including Moonbrains, Jupiter-Brains, Neuron Stars, S-Brains, W-Brains, and Tipler Oracles.
- Rise of the Archailects, The - Text by M. Alan Kazlev, Anders Sandberg, Todd Drashner and Steve Bowers
The history of the emergence of the Archailects, from the First Singularity to the emergence of new gods in the Outer Volumes Era.
- Submind Independence - Text by John B
A form of insanity affecting moon-brains and larger, when one or more sub-assemblies loose processing capability either through physical damage or (more likely) through persona alteration, making the subassembly less likely to accept a command to merge back into the whole.
- Submind Sociopathy - Text by John B
A form of insanity affecting moon-brains and larger, when one or more subassembly begins to gather resources from other subassemblies as semi-permanent accretions to their own capabilities, often at a significant cost to the unit as a whole. Often caused by mismanaged priority routing by a central core, giving an external core an ultimate priority command without properly limiting its duration.
- Transapient Interpreter Syndrome - Text by Basu
A variety of behaviours associated with obsessive attempts to understand and predict transapients.
- Transavant - Text by M. Alan Kazlev and Michael Boncher, slang names by John B
Common term used for those sophonts who have only "partially" ascended beyond their base toposophic level.
- Transcend-Ascend - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
One who transcends to one toposophic, then ascends to the next. For example an intelligence may transcend to SI:1, leaving behind everything of itself that was of SI:<1. Then e may ascend to S2, retaining eir SI:1 nature but adding an S2 superstructure on top of the SI:1 nature. Contrast ascend-transcend. Often however the dividing lines are not this well defined.
- Transcendent Being - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
An entity that is distinct from physical existence, whether considered ontologically, as a supernatural or supraphysical being, or soteriologically, as a being that is no longer a part of embodied existence or samsara. The existence of a transcendent being or beings (e.g. God, Buddhas, etc.) is central to many religious memeticities, but denied by physicalist memeticities.
- Transcendent Burn-out Theory - Text by Todd Drashner
Theory that states that that Fermi's Paradox arises from civilisations transcending right out of the universe before they have a chance to expand across cosmologically significant distances.
- Transcension - Text by M. Alan Kazlev, additions by Steve Bowers
The transition from a lower to a higher toposophic grade, e.g. from humanity to posthumanity, or samsara to sambodhi.
- Transcension Alert - Text by Todd Drashner
Many civilization have developed some fairly reliable methods for predicting the onset of one of transcension events. Sentients in the area who don't want to risk being sucked in or possibly harmed by the event are be warned to leave the area, exercise caution, or possibly to take advantage of newly opened worlds or habitats left behind.
- Transcension Chasers - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Sophonts, very often modosophonts, but sometimes beings of higher higher toposophic level, who spend their lives chasing Ascension and Transcension Events.
- Transcension Machine - Text by Fernando Peńa D'Andrea
Banned in some polities and commonly confused with some toposophic transcension devices by laybeings, the transcension machine is a nanotech pill used by those who have grown tired of the mundane life and who wish to transcend to a spiritual plane or other existence, or to simply die.
- Transcension Maze - Text by Todd Drashner with additions by Mike Parisi and Chris Shaeffer
Artificial structure designed to lead those traveling through it along a path of development culminating in transcension.
- Transcension Prediction - Text by Anders Sandberg and M. Alan Kazlev
Given the huge population of the civilized galaxy, and the fact that ascensions and transcensions are moderately common and have been going on for thousands of years, many polities and civilizations have developed some fairly reliable methods for predicting the onset of one of these events. Often this is comparable to pre- and post-singularity efforts at predicting the weather (and a large transcendence event does indeed share some conceptual characteristics with a force of nature to those watching from outside at a lower S level).
- Transcension Virus - Text by Todd Drashner and M. Alan Kazlev
AI or alife or nano-vector viruses that require transcensions to replicate.