Beta Cassiopeiae, a Cinder System
Image from Steve Bowers
|A general view of the debris in this system shortly after the collapse. Scrap dealers, archaeologists and tech salvage experts competed against each other to rescue as much of value as possible before collisions caused too much damage.|
Caph - Data Panel
- Distance from Sol: 54.74 ly (J2000)
- Constellation: Cassiopeia
|Star||Names: Caph, Beta Cassiopeiae, 11 Cassiopeiae, Gliese 8 (GJ 8), HD 432, HIP 746|
- Mass: 1.77 x Sol
- Radius: 3.79 x Sol (equator), 3.06 x Sol (pole)
- Oblateness: 0.193
- Temperature: 6,167 Kelvin (average). 7,208 Kelvin (pole)
- Luminosity: 21.3 x Sol (bolometric)
- Spectral type: F2 III
- Rotation period: 21.4 hr
- Age: 1.18 billion years
System: While the star's name likely originated from ancient Arabia, the planets' names were assigned during the First Federation era. It is believed that these names were the names of the key researchers whose works were integral to the Caph colonization project.
1. Johnson - 0.168 AU Vesperian Hephaestian IgneoGaian
2. Kusuma - 0.257 AU Vesperian EnstatianNeptunian.
3. Shenach - 0.437 AU PyroAzurianNeptunian.
4. Lellouche - 0.680 AU ChloridianJovian.
5. Oghensen - 0.948 AU SulfolianNeptunian.
6. Noorani - 1.691 AU SulfolianNeptunian.
7. Ansari - 3.811 AU AcidianJovian.
8. Guanting - 6.489 AU HydroJovian.
9. Sovandary - 11.042 AU HydroJovian.
10. Jawara - 19.456 AU AmmoJovian.
11. Ramirez - 30.542 AU AmmoNeptunian.
12. Khondakar - 56.730 AU TholianNeptunian.
Although nearly all satellites in the Caph system were completely disassembled, the conflict disrupted the planetary deconstruction projects. As a result, all major planets survived, although many were heavily altered and became moonless. The system was subsequently infested by rogue autowars, which continue to pose a hazard (despite various mitigation strategies).
|Governance and Administration||System polity: none centralized|
Allegiance: Mostly either independent or Solarist.
|Population||1.7 billion permanent, virtually all in the outer system.|
|Travel||Wormhole: When All Falls... (1,700 m) to Relay 2|
A few Lightway and beamrider stations in the outer system, reestablished after the collapse of the Children of the Caph civilization.
Image from Steve Bowers
|The world formerly known as Guanting is now a cinderworld, extensively altered by mining and warfare. The Children of Caph were expanding rapidly and were preparing to expand into the neighbouring systems, but instead suffered a rapid and catastrophic collapse.|