Fourth Toposophic - Lesser Archailects
Toposophic SI:4 - the realm of the barely conceivable. These are the beings which loom on the far horizon of the sapient world view, subtly influencing most everything around them.
Fourth Toposophic - Lesser Archailects
|Toposophic:||S:4 (Forad scale) |
3 (TRHN System
4-SI-5 (Berram7 scale)
4-G-5 (Berram 10G Scale)
TU6 (Turingsen-Bichip-Hursch210 Hyperturing Scale
|Origin:||The first Terragen S:4s emerged in 2582 AT. |
The existence of high toposophic alien archailects (perhaps among The Meistersingers) is very probable
|Distribution:||Known with certainty from many civilizations.|
|Est.||Population: at least 10,000|
|Status:||Depending on civilization and local status, either sovereign god or sub-totality of an even higher archailect.|
|Body:||Rarely use mobile avatars, but must use either distributed nodes connected at interplanetary scales, or concentrated in a single moon, jupiter, or dyson brain.|
|Chronometric:||Nodes and subnodes may have extremely fast processing (with subjective time many quintillions of times faster than normal sapients). Speed of bus to remote connections varies.|
|Further Comments:||These are God-like minds that may cluster or ascend to form even higher archailects, or act autonomously as the gods of solar systems, polities, races and empires, as vast distributed ecologies, or as caretakers of specific regions of space. They access archetypes directly, create godtech artifacts with ease, using them for their own mysterious purposes, or scattering them about for middling and lower toposophics to find. Their personalities and motives are utterly inscrutable to lower sophonts.|
The Lesser and Archai are archailects that differ from the Major Gods in that they are mostly limited to a single ISO, world, solar system, or a series of only a few star systems. Even so, they have vast resources at their disposal, and bodies and brains consisting of angelnet, moon, jupiter, and (more rarely) nebula-sized computing nodes. They can access and use clarketech, and so are omnipotent within their sphere. They may have a huge impact on galactic history. Some act in a harmonious way, others seemingly erratically. The High Archailects have already transcended this condition and are rising to the level of the Major Gods; they are even more inscrutable and inconceivable. There are several ratings to describe their hypersingularity toposophics, and define where lesser ends and middling begins, and middling ends and greater begins. Unfortunately there is no single standard system, although the Ain Soph Aur Interpretation is most widely used. The Caretaker Gods (of which GAIA is the oldest and best-known) are a good example, and the Princes of the Perseus Arm also fall under this category. Others may serve as subroutines for the Greater Gods. There are at least ten thousand lesser and middle archailects, and a smaller number of higher archailects, throughout the galaxy.
The first S:4 entities, the lesser archai, emerged in 2582, although it seems likely that the ahuman entities in the Taurus Nexus who created the first primitive traversable wormholes may have transcended much earlier.
The archai at S:4 are eventually able to 'reverse engineer' some S:5 tech and create better metric technology as well as other examples. But most S:6 tech is incomprehensible to them.
- S:4s at Vega Triumvirate create the first traversable wormholes, inspired by the Taurus Nexus examples.
- From this beginning the archai developed weylforge technology and macroscale traversable wormholes, wide enough to allow the passage of spacecraft, which nevertheless require relatively small amounts of exotic energy to maintain.
- Some time later the S:4 archai developed small, stable communication-gauge wormholes which allowed wormhole bus technology and the use of comm-gauge wormholes in closer proximity to planetary and stellar masses.
- plasma processors using fusion temperature plasma to compute at the ultimate limits of matter.
- Displacement Cannon.
- Rapid chaotic damping to cool plasmas using optical fields.
- The first reactionless drive, the Displacement Drive using void bubble technology, opens up the galaxy.
- Archailect Empire - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Any interstellar empire established by, and ultimately overseen and supervised by, an archailect, and embodying the archetypal qualities of that archailect. The original archailect empires of the inner sphere are defined in terms of the mandala of the Great Hexadecimal.
- Archailect Identity Theory - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Doctrine that an archailect's avatars or epiphanies to lower toposophics represent a true and authentic (if scaled down) expression of the archailect. Contrast with Instrumentalism.
- Archailect Incarnationalism - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
An extreme form of Identity Theory that states that an Archailect and eir avatar or epiphanic manifestation are the same.
- Archailectocracy - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Government by Archailect. Any of the great archai empires. Usually there is an intermediate priesthood or hierarchy of some sort.
- Archailectology, Schools of - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Many interpretations of the nature of the Archailects have developed among lower toposophic minds, including ordinary sapients. While some are too abstract and obscure to be comprehensible to subsingularitan intelligence, others are popular among everyday bionts, vecs, and aioids of the galaxy. Not that not all these options are mutually exclusive:
- Archailectual Mysticism - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Mysticism as practiced by high toposophic Minds
- Archaiologists - Text by Thorbørn Steen
Toposophic researchers specializing in archailects.
- Harbinger Archailect, The - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
The S:4 archailect of Harbinger dyson. See The Seven Neogenist Lifegivers.
- Q-Battery - Text by Adam Getchell and Todd Drashner
High Singularity technology that allows the extraction and manipulation of the stored vacuum energy contained in depleted Q-balls.
- Rise of the Archailects, The - Text by M. Alan Kazlev, Anders Sandberg, Todd Drashner and Steve Bowers
The history of the emergence of the Archailects, from the First Singularity to the emergence of new gods in the Outer Volumes Era.
- Transcend-Ascend - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
One who transcends to one toposophic, then ascends to the next. For example an intelligence may transcend to SI:1, leaving behind everything of itself that was of SI:<1. Then e may ascend to S2, retaining eir SI:1 nature but adding an S2 superstructure on top of the SI:1 nature. Contrast ascend-transcend. Often however the dividing lines are not this well defined.
- Transcendent Being - Text by M. Alan Kazlev
An entity that is distinct from physical existence, whether considered ontologically, as a supernatural or supraphysical being, or soteriologically, as a being that is no longer a part of embodied existence or samsara. The existence of a transcendent being or beings (e.g. God, Buddhas, etc.) is central to many religious memeticities, but denied by physicalist memeticities.
- Transcension - Text by M. Alan Kazlev, additions by Steve Bowers
The transition from a lower to a higher toposophic grade, e.g. from humanity to posthumanity, or samsara to sambodhi.
- Xyloplax Incident, The - Text by Steve Bowers
A disastrous attempt to confine a rebel archailect within a virtual cosmos.
Text by M. Alan Kazlev
Initially published on 06 September 2002.
Date of the first Terragen S4s shifted from 2070 AT to 2582 AT. (2022-01-27, by The Astronomer)